Successful indoor winter season at Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Bowls Club held a dinner to celebrate the end of the indoor and short mat season.
The annual dinner to celebrate the end of the indoor and short mat season took place in Winscombe Bowls Club pavilion for the first time.
Unfortunately, organiser of both events, Wilf Ainsworth, could not attend. However, his wife Angela, stood in as guest of honour and received a gift from club captain Malcolm Dorrington in appreciation of Wilf’s organising skills.
In the Thursday Indoor League, a good season was had by all with the Badgers holding the lead by a good margin for most of the season.
For the last few weeks, the Minks, Otters and the Squirrels battled for second place, with the Otters claiming second spot, followed by the Minks.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations however, go to the Badgers for winning the cup with a total of 31 points and shot difference of 33. Team members were Dave Johnson, Paul Fredersdorff and Mike Nash.
The short mat season was enjoyed by all over the 21-week winter period.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
Team One, captained by Wilf Ainsworth, held the lead for most of the season but were overtaken by Team Six, captained by Dave Peakall, who took the lead two weeks from the end of the season. Congratulations to Dave and his team for winning the cup this year with total points of 31 and a shot score of 333.
Team members were Dave Peakall, Simon Smith, Margaret Howell and Angela Bougourd (only Margaret and Angela could attend the dinner).