Successful northern tour for Rebels
Somerset Cases Rebels completed a successful northern tour by winning at Berwick and Glasgow, but losing to Edinburgh.
SOMERSET Cases Rebels completed a successful northern tour by winning handsomely at Berwick and Glasgow, but losing to Edinburgh.
The Rebels started a busy week with a home fixture against Edinburgh at the Oaktree Arena, running out 48-42 winners. Jesper Monberg top scored with 10+1, well backed up by Jason Doyle, James Wright and Kyle Newman.
Somerset started its northern tour of three matches in three days with a 56-37 defeat at Edinburgh. Gaining revenge for their defeat two days before, the home side were in good form, with top man Craig Cook scoring a 15 point maximum.
For the Rebels, Doyle scored 10, backed up by Sam Masters 9+1 and Tom Perry 9+1.
You may also want to watch:
The following evening at Berwick, Somerset eased to a 60-35 victory with Doyle leading the way with a paid maximum, with the rest of the team all scoring heavily.
Somerset concluded its tour with a fine 60-45 victory over Glasgow. Doyle again led the way with 12+1, well supported by Alex Davies (10+2), Newman (7+1) and Wright (7).
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 10 Have your say on health services in Somerset
The Rebels will be looking to build on their excellent set of results from their weekend Scottish tour that saw them return south with six precious league points under their belts, as they face the Berwick Bandits at the Oaktree Arena on Friday (17th), with the action getting underway at 7.30pm.