Successful open day at Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Avenue Tennis Club held a successful open day at their courts in Burnham.
AVENUE Tennis Club coaches, Vinny Duddy, Craig Phillips, Barry Ramsden, Nick Arnold and helper Billy May ran a successful open day with over 100 people attending.
The coaches split the players into various age groups, taking all of them through a few skills, drills and fun games on the tennis court. Head coach Duddy was full of praise for the club ladies (Poo Jenkins, Rosie Neville, Jane Sanders and Elaine Amos) who put on some fantastic food.
Duddy was also asked to present Megan Rundle with her Somerset Under-9 and Under-10 girls’ leaderboard awards.
Coaching is provided at the club every night of the week and on Saturdays for all age groups and standards.
You may also want to watch:
The Avenue Tennis Club summer school tennis holiday club will run throughout the summer school holidays. Parents wishing to get their children doing some healthy activities during the long break can book their children in the club from one to 20 days of tennis. See website for details: www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course