Successful shooters at Cheddar club
Cheddar Rifle Club enjoyed a successful winter season, winning many titles and trophies.
CHEDDAR Rifle Club’s Somerset A team finished first in Division 1, with Mike Griffin having the top average of 98.222. The B team won Division 2.
In knockout matches, Cheddar beat Williton to win the Davey Cup and was runner-up to Minehead in the Mullings Cup.
At the county open shoot at 50m and 100 yards at Long Ashton, Keith Thickett was second in the top class and won the Philip Mitchell Memorial Trophy for being the leading Somerset competitor.
In the Bristol and District League, the A team were second in Division 2, with Dave Oatley finishing second in the averages with 96.5. The B team were sixth in Division 3.
You may also want to watch:
There was success in the Shoulder to Shoulder League with the A team winning Division 1 and there was a top average of 97.583 for Keith Thickett. The B team were second in Division 2 with Oatley second in the averages with 96.08.
In the Bristol and District Cup, Mike Griffin was third in the Horace Walker Cup and second in the Les Parsons Cup. Ruth Bell was second in the ladies’ and Thickett first in the Godfrey Watson and John Ham second in the veterans’.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
In the Ulster Counties, Trevor Paisey was first and Ruth Bell second in Division 4. Simon Ellis was second in Division 5.
In the Okehampton Open, seven members competed at 25 yards and 25m. Honours went to Mike Griffin, who won the SW Championship.
Cheddar Valley Rifle Club is an established and fully approved .22 calibre target rifle shooting club with its own 25 yard indoor range in the village. The club is open Tuesday to Thursday from 7.30-11pm.
For more information about the club and details of membership criteria, please contact the secretary on 01934 518098.