Successful start for windsurfers
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Sailing Club members made a successful start to the windsurfing season.
CHEDDAR Sailing Club hosted the first of four Team 15 windsurfing events to take place over the summer.
There were some very close battles for placings and the results were close. In the 6.8m fleet, first place went to Josh Hunt, aged 15, from Weare, closely followed by Lauren Goodall (14), from Cross in second place and Mollie Densley Robins (13), and Weare’s Maddie Baldwin (14) taking third and fourth places respectively.
In the 5.8m fleet, first place went to Libby Rodgers (14) from Clevedon, with Elise Campbell (15) from Langford hot on her heels taking second. Wells’ Seb Cumming (15) took fourth place and also the Techno award.
The 4.5m fleet saw Dan Stewart (13) from Backwell take first place with Zoe Bassett not far behind to clinch third.
You may also want to watch:
There were many new sailors on the day who had never raced before, most of which seemed to be in the 3.5m fleet. Axbridge’s Eleanor Powell (10) from Claverham, took third overall with Ruby Owen (10) from Axbridge), Cheddar’s Ashleigh Starr (12) and Guy Owen (8) from Axbridge taking fourth, fifth and sixth places.
Round two of the South Region Interclub events take place at Cheddar Sailing Club on June 14.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
If you would like to find out more about trying windsurfing, you can find your local Team15 club on the RYA website at: www.team15.org.uk