Summer series at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
The Shiplate Farm Summer Series started in sunshine.
SHIPLATE Farm Summer Series started in glorious weather and plenty of sun tan lotion was needed to stop the anglers from getting sunburn.
Bright sun made the conditions harder and a lot of the fish were caught in the last hour of the match on the Hawthorns and Westpool Lakes, when the sun started to lose its heat.
Dominic Sullivan bagged up using pellet on the pole to win the match.
Results: Dom Sullivan (peg 6 H), 110lb 14oz; Rich Hawkins (peg 13 H), 87lb 8oz; Steve Howell (peg 15 W), 57lb 1oz.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Jeff Wye (peg 9 H), 7lb 5oz and Ron Stark (peg 12 W), 6lb 8oz. Section winners were Dave Cockayne (peg 7 H), 53lb 11oz, Lewis Jones (peg 2 H), 42lb 8oz, Tom Light (peg 12 H), 23lb 4oz and Steve Howell.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences