Summer Series victory for Ron
- Credit: Archant
Ron Stark won round five of the Shiplate Farm Summer Series on the Main Lake.
ROUND five of the Shiplate Farm Summer Series on the Mian Lake was held on a sweltering hot day with very little breeze.
The lakes had been fishing well in the hot spell, but this was going to test the endurance of the anglers in the extreme heat. The far bank of the lake saw some good upper double figure carp, while the near side saw a few good bream and several good bags of silvers.
Ron Stark won the event and used maggot, pellet and corn at 14m on the pole.
Results: Ron Stark (peg 3), 94lb 4oz; Tich Williams (peg 4a) 85lb 2oz. Silvers went to Ray Bass (peg 6), 18lb 12oz. Section winners were Dave Cockayne (peg 15), 56lb 15oz and Rich Hawkins (peg 1), 31lb 3oz
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Match Group’s PSV and Frys held a joint match on the Hawthorns and Westpool with the following results: Pete Sivell (peg 9) Hawthorns, 68lb 6oz; Jason Bird (peg 1) Hawthorns, 53lb 6oz; Matt Challenger (peg 11) Westpool 50lb 2oz.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 10 Have your say on health services in Somerset