Summer skiing in Holland
Avon Ski Club travel to Holland for a summer training camp.
AVON Ski Club has just returned from a highly successful four day summer race training camp at the world’s largest snowdome, Snow World, in Landgraaf, Holland.
Snow World is the summer training centre of choice for many of the world’s top ski teams, having access to a dedicated 320m slope with predictable snow conditions. This meant that Avon was training alongside national teams from Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain and Poland.
The club took nine children, aged between seven and 16 and two of the club coaches for four days of intensive training.
Training on the indoor snow was broken up into a pair of two hours sessions on the race slope each day with unlimited access to the fun park and the recreational slope throughout.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to ski training the team was able to build in general fitness training, having full access to the superbly equipped gym, mountain bikes and sauna.
All of the children have been invited back to train with the best next year. The club already has plans afoot to make next year’s summer camp even better.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
From next season the club is hoping to start running full-time race training camps in conjunction with a professional race team in Bulgaria, at a significantly lower cost to other similar camps.
If you would like to find out more about Avon Ski Club please visit www.avonskiclub.co.uk or come along to one of its regular training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Avon Ski Centre in Churchill.
Contact the club by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Fraser Black on 07721 594676.