Super Seagulls make it five back-to-back titles
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Weston Super Seagulls clinched the Weston & District League Division 1 championship, their fifth title in a row.
WESTON Super Seagulls made it five back-to-back titles when they clinched the Division 1 title in the Weston and District League with an emphatic 8-1 victory over fifth-placed Draycott.
Founded by chairman Justin Hester in the Summer of 2009, Seagulls have experienced non-stop success and progression and are looking for promotion into Division 2 West of the Somerset County League.
Player/manager Iain Cullum was keen to pay tribute to sponsors, Gary Higgins and Ben Milsom, at GBRS Construction Recruitment and Dean Lewis at Flex Fitness Academy.
The club dedicated the trophy to popular Westonian Matthew Martin, who sadly passed away following a climbing accident.
You may also want to watch:
Division 1: Weston Super Seagulls 8, Draycott 1; Portishead Town A 7, Yatton Athletic Res 6.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Division 4: Pill United 1, Worle Res 10.
Division 5: Westend Res 1, Clapton-in-Gordano Res 2.
Mavis Tate Cup final: Taunton Saturday League 2, Weston & District League 0.
Charity Cup final: Clevedon United A 0, St George (E-i-G) Res 1.
Knockout Cup final: Portishead Caledonian Thistle 1, Cleeve West Town Res 0.
Davis Shield final: Hutton Res 1, Westend Res 0.
Challenge Cup final: Banwell Res 0, KVFC 0 (4-5 on pens).