Surprising catch at Shiplate
A surprising amount of fish were caught at Shiplate Farm’s winter series match at Bleadon.
AFTER last week’s changeable weather and the lakes being frozen for three days, hard fishing was expected for round five of the Shiplate Farm winter series.
The results surprised all the anglers in the match, who were pleasantly surprised with the amount of fish caught at the Bleadon venue.
Andy France (Cadbury Angling) caught an exceptional weight of fish for the time of year, he fished the pole using single maggot to the far bank and centre track feeding lightly.
Results: Andy France (peg 12), H, 52lb 12oz; Julian Pinkett (peg 4), H, 35lb 12oz; Tim Lewis (peg 1) H, 30lb 5oz; Pete Bartlett (peg 10) H, 29lb 4oz; Dave Cocayne (peg 7) W, 27lb 6oz; Johnny Page (peg 9) H, 23lb 5oz.;
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Russ Peck (peg 11), W, 4lb 3oz and Tom Light (peg 6), H. 2lb 9oz.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people