SW qualifying times reached
Weston swimmers gain South West qualifying times at their open meet.
HUTTON Moor Leisure Centre hosted the ninth Weston Swimming Club Easter Open Meet.
The fine weather tempted many people into engaging in outdoor activities, but swimmers from as far north as Wolverhampton and as far south as the Isle Of Wight, instead opted to compete in this licensed Level 3 meet, possibly hoping to gain South West regional qualifying times.
Weston swimmers had high hopes of achieving medals, but what was more impressive was the continued improvement in personal best times over the four sessions.
New South West regional qualifying times were achieved by Alice Davies, Chloe Knight, Rebecca Lucas, Emily Watkins, Bradley Lucas, Scott Bradley and Andrew Luxton
You may also want to watch:
James Gahame and Reece Trapani were frustratingly only tenths of a second away from achieving additional qualifying times. Esme Gullick and Evan King received speeding tickets, for improving so much from their entry time that they were now deemed too fast for this meet. Evan also completed the 200m butterfly 0.5sec within the national qualifying time for this event.
Indea Lucas was awarded top girl in the intermediate age group due to the points she had accumulated throughout the event and the successful meet was concluded with a pizza picnic and non-competitive game of rounders.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
The older swimmers are now looking forward to another weekend of competition at Millfield for the South West regional youth championships, while the younger team members continue to train hard in an effort to pick up even more South West regional qualifying times at Gloucester or Millfield the weekend after.
Learn to swim lessons with Weston Swimming Club have started again. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.