SW skiing event back on the calendar
Children from South West schools are now able to enter the South West Schools Championships after its re-introduction.
THE South West Snowsports Association is pleased to announce the re-introduction of the South West Schools Championship.
The event is open to all schools in the South West region, and is to be held at Gloucester Ski Centre on September 24.
The event is designed as an entry level introduction to ski racing for all children who will be at a school in the 2011-12 academic year.
Teams of three skiers can be entered from both primary and secondary schools, and can include any child who has been on a week’s skiing holiday, or who can link snowplough turns.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes for all levels, for both novice and registered racers. The cost is �10 per child, which includes all the necessary equipment.
Entry forms are downloadable from www.southwestsnowsportsassociation.org.uk
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
For more information, or who would like help with a training session, please contact F Black (vice-chairman SWSA) via email@example.com or on 01934 427534.