SW skiing event back on the calendar
Children from South West schools are now able to enter the South West Schools Championships after its re-introduction.
THE South West Snowsports Association is pleased to announce the re-introduction of the South West Schools Championship.
The event is open to all schools in the South West region, and is to be held at Gloucester Ski Centre on September 24.
The event is designed as an entry level introduction to ski racing for all children who will be at a school in the 2011-12 academic year.
Teams of three skiers can be entered from both primary and secondary schools, and can include any child who has been on a week’s skiing holiday, or who can link snowplough turns.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes for all levels, for both novice and registered racers. The cost is �10 per child, which includes all the necessary equipment.
Entry forms are downloadable from www.southwestsnowsportsassociation.org.uk
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
For more information, or who would like help with a training session, please contact F Black (vice-chairman SWSA) via email@example.com or on 01934 427534.