SW title for Luke
- Credit: Archant
Luke Mason, aged 11, won the South West epee championship held at Millfield School.
LUKE Mason, aged 11, won the South West epee championship held at Millfield School.
The Broadoak Computing and Mathematics College student competed in the qualifier in the discipline of epee, a weapon which has less rules than the foil or sabre and is an excellent, fast-thinking sport, that quickens reactions and keeps you fit.
Luke won all his bouts, though he had a tough final against a left-hander and defeated him 10-9 to become champion.
He will be fencing in May in Sheffield for the British Youth Championships in epee as well as foil.
You may also want to watch:
Luke trains at Churchill Fencing Club on Wednesdays between 7-9pm. Please call Des Sloyan on 01934 852627 for more details.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown