SW title for Luke
- Credit: Archant
Luke Mason, aged 11, won the South West epee championship held at Millfield School.
LUKE Mason, aged 11, won the South West epee championship held at Millfield School.
The Broadoak Computing and Mathematics College student competed in the qualifier in the discipline of epee, a weapon which has less rules than the foil or sabre and is an excellent, fast-thinking sport, that quickens reactions and keeps you fit.
Luke won all his bouts, though he had a tough final against a left-hander and defeated him 10-9 to become champion.
He will be fencing in May in Sheffield for the British Youth Championships in epee as well as foil.
Luke trains at Churchill Fencing Club on Wednesdays between 7-9pm. Please call Des Sloyan on 01934 852627 for more details.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 A38 crash leaves passenger with 'potentially life-threatening injuries'
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 6 ELECTION: By-election candidate announced by Conservatives
- 7 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 8 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 9 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 10 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate