Swimmers just miss out on finals
Weston Swimming Club just miss out on qualifying for national finals.
AFTER winning the Southern Junior League final in June, Weston’s junior team headed to Birmingham to take on the winners of the other junior leagues from across the south.
Teams travelled from as far as Norwich, London and Derby ready to battle for a top four placing, needed to qualify for the national final at the end of November.
Weston were given the best start possible by the 12 year girls’ medley team of Emily Watkins, Florence Davis, Evan King and Becca Lucas, who finished first, two seconds faster than their final time from June.
The first set of relays continued with an additional three teams (9 year girls’ freestyle team, 11 year girls’ freestyle team and 11 year boy’s freestyle team) also improving on their relay times from the summer series.
You may also want to watch:
Rising to the challenge, individual race PBs were achieved by Toby Daniel, Evan Brunsdon, Immy Moroney, Evan King, Natasha Edmondston-Low (2), Rebecca Lucas (2), James Bramwell and Will Daniel.
Bagging top points for their team, Rachel Anderson (2), Evan King (2) and James Bramwell won their individual races against quality opposition. Toby Daniel and Lauren Hodgkin also swam well to achieve top three race positions against tough opposition.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Thanks go to the supporters for their encouragement and to Lynn Stan- bury for making sure that everyone was in the right place at the right time.
Weston finished in a respectable sixth position and now look forward to the (senior) National League, which kicks off at Exeter.
For more information regarding club swimming from LTS (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to National Level (email@example.com) in Weston, please contact Tina or Rachel.