Talia picks up national trampolining bronze medal
Talia Macrides, a pupil at St Anne’s Primary School, Hewish, gained a bronze medal at the National Schools Trampoline finals.
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides won a bronze medal for St Anne’s Primary School at the National Schools Trampoline finals in Wigan.
She qualified through to the finals after winning the first two rounds of competition in the under-11 girls intermediate category.
Talia is in year four and was one of the youngest competitors in this competition with girls competing in this category from year six. It was a tough competition and after completing an average first routine, Talia pulled put out an excellent second routine to win the bronze medal.
Talia lives in Weston, but travels to Bridgwater to train at Quayside Trampoline and Gymnastics Club four times a week. She is taught by ex-senior GB member Polly Evans, who has high hopes for Talia to become part of the junior GB team in the coming years.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about trampolining and gymnastics at Quayside, contact Helen or Sue on 01278 458060 or email email@example.com
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront