Talia picks up national trampolining bronze medal
Talia Macrides, a pupil at St Anne’s Primary School, Hewish, gained a bronze medal at the National Schools Trampoline finals.
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides won a bronze medal for St Anne’s Primary School at the National Schools Trampoline finals in Wigan.
She qualified through to the finals after winning the first two rounds of competition in the under-11 girls intermediate category.
Talia is in year four and was one of the youngest competitors in this competition with girls competing in this category from year six. It was a tough competition and after completing an average first routine, Talia pulled put out an excellent second routine to win the bronze medal.
Talia lives in Weston, but travels to Bridgwater to train at Quayside Trampoline and Gymnastics Club four times a week. She is taught by ex-senior GB member Polly Evans, who has high hopes for Talia to become part of the junior GB team in the coming years.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about trampolining and gymnastics at Quayside, contact Helen or Sue on 01278 458060 or email email@example.com
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match