Talia qualifies for national trampoline finals
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides has qualified for the national schools trampoline finals to be held in March.
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides took the gold medal for St Anne’s Primary School, Hewish, at the South of England Schools Trampoline Championships in Gillingham, Kent.
She qualified for this event after winning the South West Schools Trampoline Championships in November in the Under-11 girls’ intermediate category.
Winning this second round of competition has secured her a place in the national schools finals to be held in Wigan in March.
Talia lives in Weston, but travels to Bridgwater to train at Quayside Trampoline and Gymnastics Club four times a week. There she is taught by ex-senior GB member Polly Evans and long-standing Quayside coach Lorraine Nash, who have high hopes for Talia to become part of the junior GB team.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about trampolining and gymnastics at Quayside, contact Helen or Sue on 01278 458060 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences