Talia qualifies for national trampoline finals
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides has qualified for the national schools trampoline finals to be held in March.
Nine-year-old Talia Macrides took the gold medal for St Anne’s Primary School, Hewish, at the South of England Schools Trampoline Championships in Gillingham, Kent.
She qualified for this event after winning the South West Schools Trampoline Championships in November in the Under-11 girls’ intermediate category.
Winning this second round of competition has secured her a place in the national schools finals to be held in Wigan in March.
Talia lives in Weston, but travels to Bridgwater to train at Quayside Trampoline and Gymnastics Club four times a week. There she is taught by ex-senior GB member Polly Evans and long-standing Quayside coach Lorraine Nash, who have high hopes for Talia to become part of the junior GB team.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about trampolining and gymnastics at Quayside, contact Helen or Sue on 01278 458060 or email them at email@example.com
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival