Tara wins national Members Cup championship
- Credit: Archant
Weston rider Tara Byrtt jumped to victory at the National Members Cup Championship.
It was a competitive first class of the day in Championship Arena 2 for the National 1.15m Members Cup Championship.
With just 12 riders through to the jump-off it proved to be a tough course for some. It was 16-year-old Tara Byrtt from Weston, who jumped to victory riding her 14-year-old mare Valerie B, three seconds quicker than second-placed Emily Moris with Ultimatuim II.
Tara’s mum Lisa, said: “Tara began riding Val about two years ago when she was owned by Tamsin Conyers. Val is a stunning mare and she took Tara to the Children on Horses Europeans where they got team gold in Bonheiden.
“The mare went back to Tamsin last year and Tara was unable to ride for most of last season due to ill health. Towards the end of the year, Tara was feeling much better but she really missed Val so we spoke to Tamsin and were able to buy Val as a Christmas present for Tara.
You may also want to watch:
“Since then they have had a ball, they were second at Devon County and won Children on Horses at Hickstead and now she has won here. They have a special partnership and I know Tara is delighted to have her mare back.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 New leadership team for charity
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences