Team competition at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
Shiplate Farm Teams of Three round two took place in glorious conditions.
ROUND two of the Shiplate Farm Teams of Three was held in glorious sunshine and very little breeze.
Ideal for most leisure activities, but the anglers were hoping for a bit of cloud cover to encourage the fish to feed. Most of the action came in the last couple of hours of the six-hour match.
Lewis Jones (Drennan SW) came first overall on peg 15 on the Main Lake with 175lb 10oz after having to lose 15lb 8oz because of overweight net limits. Lewis fished the pole at 16m shallow, using pellet and feeding pellet to amass his winning weight.
The other lakes saw Ray Cooper (Slapheads) on peg nine bag up 102lb 8oz to win the Hawthorns and Ritchie Hawkins (Wormheads) win the Westpool on peg 12 with 86lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
The top three teams are now Drennan SW in first position with 22 points, followed by Wormheads 20 and Slapheads with 17.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 4 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes