Team Mendip girls selected for Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip football players Nadine Grogan and Nicole Flourentzou were both selected to play for Somerset ladies.
CONGRATULATIONS go to two Team Mendip football players Nadine Grogan and Nicole Flourentzou, who were both selected to play for Somerset ladies.
The pair played at the Ladies Counties Representative Tournament held at the Gloucester FA headquarters in Almondsbury on its 3G pitch.
The tournament format was a round robin with the top two teams playing a final match. Somerset won the round robin beating Gloucestershire 4-0, Dorset 1-0, Devon 1-0 and drawing with Wiltshire 1-1, putting them in the final with second-placed Gloucestershire.
Somerset won the final 1-0 in normal time after controlling the game from start to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Grogan and Flourentzou played in every game and were proud to have been selected and to win the tournament was a real bonus.
Nicole said: “I was nervous when the first game kicked off, but as soon as the game was over I could not wait for the next one to start, the whole experience was great fun.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Nadine added: “It was a great experience, but to have my team-mate and friend along side me was just brilliant.”