Team Mendip girls selected for Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip football players Nadine Grogan and Nicole Flourentzou were both selected to play for Somerset ladies.
CONGRATULATIONS go to two Team Mendip football players Nadine Grogan and Nicole Flourentzou, who were both selected to play for Somerset ladies.
The pair played at the Ladies Counties Representative Tournament held at the Gloucester FA headquarters in Almondsbury on its 3G pitch.
The tournament format was a round robin with the top two teams playing a final match. Somerset won the round robin beating Gloucestershire 4-0, Dorset 1-0, Devon 1-0 and drawing with Wiltshire 1-1, putting them in the final with second-placed Gloucestershire.
Somerset won the final 1-0 in normal time after controlling the game from start to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Grogan and Flourentzou played in every game and were proud to have been selected and to win the tournament was a real bonus.
Nicole said: “I was nervous when the first game kicked off, but as soon as the game was over I could not wait for the next one to start, the whole experience was great fun.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Nadine added: “It was a great experience, but to have my team-mate and friend along side me was just brilliant.”