Team Mendip victorious at Whitchurch
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip Blue Socks Under-10s enjoyed a successful afternoon at the Whitchurch Football Festival of Fun.
Team Mendip Blue Socks Under-10s came away with their first piece of silverware of the new season following a successful afternoon at Whitchurch Football Festival of Fun.
The team consisting of Demi, Tamsin, Lily, Livvy, Keeley, Emma S, Skye and Grace, played a total of four games, winning two, drawing one and suffering one defeat.
Due to the age of the girls, this was a non-competitive tournament, with a fair play trophy awarded to the team that, in the opinion of the referees, best exhibited fair play.
This was awarded to Team Mendip for demonstrating excellent sportsmanship and a high standard of football throughout the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Blue Socks begin their season on September 4 against Bristol Ladies Union at home.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department