Team Weston dominate Shapwick Bunny Hop
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club had 25 members taking part in the trail race at Shapwick.
NO FEWER than 25 Weston Athletic Club runners competed in the 7½-mile trail race in Shapwick on Easter Monday.
In humid conditions, members took six prizes back to Weston which included Dominic Taylor-Jones finishing first for the club, securing third place overall and first senior male in 47.38.
Adrian Noble was second to finish in 49.44 winning the Vet 50 prize with Matt Wheeler taking third spot finishing strongly in 53.08. Paul Snelling once again dominated his age category claiming Vet 60 prize in 57.36.
Phil Richards brought the club colours home in first place overall and first Vet 35 in 55.47. Mary Nutley came in second and ran well enough to be positioned third Vet 45 in 1.07.38. Third spot went to Lesley Cowell in 1.10.07.
You may also want to watch:
Special mention goes to Belinda Dachtler, who competed in her first race for some time in a Weston vest finishing in 1.27.01.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival