Team Weston dominate Shapwick Bunny Hop
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club had 25 members taking part in the trail race at Shapwick.
NO FEWER than 25 Weston Athletic Club runners competed in the 7½-mile trail race in Shapwick on Easter Monday.
In humid conditions, members took six prizes back to Weston which included Dominic Taylor-Jones finishing first for the club, securing third place overall and first senior male in 47.38.
Adrian Noble was second to finish in 49.44 winning the Vet 50 prize with Matt Wheeler taking third spot finishing strongly in 53.08. Paul Snelling once again dominated his age category claiming Vet 60 prize in 57.36.
Phil Richards brought the club colours home in first place overall and first Vet 35 in 55.47. Mary Nutley came in second and ran well enough to be positioned third Vet 45 in 1.07.38. Third spot went to Lesley Cowell in 1.10.07.
You may also want to watch:
Special mention goes to Belinda Dachtler, who competed in her first race for some time in a Weston vest finishing in 1.27.01.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases