Ten wins in a row for Robbie
KARTING - TWELVE-year-old Robbie Gallier of Lympsham is stunning the karting world with his amazing form, fresh from winning the National Honda Cadet Championship; he took his tenth consecutive win.
TWELVE-year-old Robbie Gallier of Lympsham is stunning the karting world with his amazing form, fresh from winning the National Honda Cadet Championship; he took his tenth consecutive win.
Competing at the Clay Pigeon Kart track, situated between Yeovil and Dorchester, in Saturday's free practice Robbie was initially disappointed with his pace, although the quickest Honda Cadet, with some of the top competitors opting just to race on Sunday he knew he and his father had to work hard at the set-up, this they did and eventually had what they thought was race pace.
Sunday morning saw Robbie instantly on the pace in the official practice, with one of the biggest grids of the year and first round of an additional championship he wanted to have a good first heat; starting 10th by the end of the second lap Robbie took the lead and won also taking fastest lap. Heat two, starting fourth, he went in to the lead at the fourth corner and won, however there was a part that had become dislodged during the race and after post scrutineering he was docked two places.
This meant if Robbie was to be on pole for the final he would have to win heat three, starting sixth and with all around him getting quicker as the day progressed this was not going to be easy, yet Robbie again rose to the challenge and was in the lead after lap three and won, having to drive defensively as the straight line speed was not there.
You may also want to watch:
So although pole, he knew it was going to be tough, he set off a blistering pace from the start with just second and third on the grid following closely and as they had the tow from Robbie it was not until lap nine of the 12-lap final that he could pull away and take the well deserved win and fastest lap. This now means Robbie leads the Clay Pigeon Championship with a comfortable margin.
Support continues from; Prokart Eng, PIAA, Talon, WSM Fasteners, South West Karting and Demon Tweeks.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3