Tennis coaches visit primary schools
Two Avenue Tennis Club coaches have recently visited two infant schools to teach fun tennis games.
AVENUE Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy and club coach Craig Phillips visited Berrow and Burnham Infants Schools to teach fun tennis games that the staff could do with the children.
The pair spent four mornings at the two schools going through a variety of games, which can be played indoors and would allow the children and teachers to make good use of the free tennis equipment they obtained from the Tennis Foundation sponsored by Aegon.
The coaches will be visiting the schools again during February/early March to go through the games again and to promote their club open day on March 18 from 11am to 1pm.
Vinny’s Minis will restart on January 20 at 6.30pm. Due to the success of the evening, the two hour session will be split into two hour-long free sessions for up to year group three children from 6.30-7.30pm and up to year group six from 7.30-8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The next adult social doubles tournament will be held at the club on January 29 from 11am. Cardio tennis sessions will resume at the tennis club on Wednesday evenings from 7.30-8.30pm. Contact Vinny on 01278 782758 for more details.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions