Test day at Castle Combe for Weston College students
- Credit: Archant
Students from Weston College enjoyed a test day at Castle Combe.
WESTON College-backed racing driver, Roger Orgee, hosted a minibus load of students who are taking up motor sport as a career, having signed up for the specialised motor sport courses at the college.
Roger’s team invited the students to a test day at Castle Combe prior to the championship races to see first hand how it all works.
The students were shown around the team’s transporter and awning and shown how the car is designed, built and prepared before going out on track.
The highlight was being allowed into the pits to see Roger’s practice laps in action and be with the team personnel as they timed the car, sent out pit signals and made adjustments to the suspension ready for qualifying.
You may also want to watch:
Roger’s team plan a series of sessions during the championship season so the new students starting in September will have experienced motor racing first hand before they start the new term.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud