Texas Scramble at Worlebury
Worlebury golfers celebrated New Year’s Day with a Texas Scramble.
NEW Year’s Day at Worlebury Golf Club was celebrated with a Texas Scramble competition playing for the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Salver.
The winners were: Ryan Jones, Gerry Miles and Lisa Batt 55.33; Mick Keen, Richard Godwin and Angela Bagley 55.33; Nick Extence, Steve Corcoran and Emma Limer 55.66.
? GOLFERS at the Isle of Wedmore got the New Year off to a competitive start with a mixed Bowmaker competition on New Year’s Day.
Leading the way was the team of Saybria Sims, Jim Dobbs, Paul Plume and Brian Warner. They won by seven clear points having amassed 116 points. This score was greatly helped by Brian Warner achieving four birdies in his round, including three twos.
You may also want to watch:
There were some strong looking all-male teams in the field and it was two of these who disputed the other two places. In the end, the places could only be decided by countback, both teams ending on 109 points. Second place went to Mike Garbutt, Bill Lander, Tom Bennett and Graham Sugg, who just edged out the team of Pete Beavon, Bob Jones, Geoff Fisher and Brad Ruddick.
? WESTON Golf Club seniors Ambrose Scramble results: Robin Webb, Terry Waite, Tony Barry, Brian Whiddett 65 (5.9) 59.1; John Greaves, Ray Chambers, Ken Marshall, Dave Reynolds 70 (7.9) 62.1; Mo Sweeney, John Morgan, Graham Tripp, John Banfield 69 (6.9) 62.1; Ian Freeman, Rob Yeomans, Alan Tucker, Terry Holden 71 (7.5) 63.5; Keith Hood, Tim Latchem, Tony Cooksley, Pete Berry 75 (9.3) 65.7; Derek Heslington, Tom Bacon, Roy Hodgin, Frank Burns 77 (9.5) 67.5; Jim Blackhurst, Nigel Jillings, Colin Dixon, Tony Hynam 75 (7.4) 67.6; Steve Bennett, Nick Bohin, Rick Fowler, Jim Ness 78 (9.0) 69.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter