The price of football: how does Weston compare?
- Credit: Archant
AFTER the BBC released the ‘Price of Football’ survey today – which did not include clubs from National League South – it can now be revealed that a season ticket at the Woodspring Stadium costs more than the cheapest Bayern Munich season ticket.
Weston-super-Mare’s prices were generally cheaper than most clubs in the National League and League Two, where the average season ticket costs £250, with £14 for a matchday ticket.
The £149 for a season ticket is a great deal more expensive than £104 which will gain you access to watch Bayern Munich for an entire season or £154 to see Borussia Dortmund.
A season ticket for National League side Halifax Town costs a hefty £319, with the most expensive price for a Premier League season ticket a mere £2,013 to watch Arsenal.
Weston’s matchday (£10) is cheaper than the £11.19 it costs to watch the German champions at the Allianz Arena, while a replica Seagulls shirt costs less than half the price of a Manchester United top.
You may also want to watch:
If Ryan Northmore’s side continue on their current path of scoring an average one goal per game, Seagulls supporters would be paying £3.57 per goal.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Matchday ticket – £10
Season ticket – £149
Adult shirt – £29.99
Child shirt – £19.99
Cost of a programme – £3
Cost of a pie – £2
Cost of tea – £1
NATIONAL LEAGUE PRICES
Matchday ticket – £14
Season ticket – £250
Adult shirt – £36
Child shirt – £30
Cost of a programme – £2.85
Cost of a pie – £2.77
Cost of tea – £1.40