The Stowford Press Big Bash returns
The Stowford Press Big Bash returns on Sunday at Uphill Castle.
UPHILL Castle Cricket Club are delighted to announce the return of the original cricket and music festival - The Stowford Press Big Bash.
The successful format returns to highlight some of the best cricket and music talent all on one day. The day starts at 10 am with the cricket tournament.
Taking part this year will be Uphill Castle, Weston, Belvedere, The Dolphin, Hornets RFC and finally the Bash’s most successful team, the Uphill Strugglers.
The tournament will again include all the excitement of the professional games T20 format, just cut down in to a T10 chunk. This includes coloured kit, bright pink cricket balls, flashing bails and loud music all day from resident DJs.
You may also want to watch:
In the evening, three of the biggest bands will be playing. Pretty Soul is a acoustic duo comprising of Jordan Evans and Stell Kousiounis. Second up is The Leylines, a Weston-based band that play folk-punk. Finishing the night will be Welsh covers band the Cherry Rebels. Jaans Indian will also be supplying the food for the evening and a selection of curries will be available. During the day the kitchen will be open and a barbecue will be going all afternoon.
Cost is £2 after 6pm, but free beforehand.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown