Third team held in rain-affected draw
Weston 3rd XI were held to a draw in a rain-affected match against Lydford.
WESTON 3rd XI posted a fine score of 237 at home to Lydford in a rain-affected match.
The away side won the toss and decided to bowl first. They got off to a great start and reduced Weston to 44-4, before captain Matt Huxtable (87) came to the crease and started to rebuild.
Supported well by Wilf Huxtable (35) at the other end, plus some fine striking down the order, this allowed Weston to post a strong 237.
The tea interval brought the rain with it and allowed extra time for cake and cider for some before the Lydford innings got underway.
You may also want to watch:
With the innings reduced to 36 overs Weston needed to bowl Lydford out to win. Attacking fields set by Weston meant it look as though another loss may be on the cards, but fine spells from Dan Henry(2-26) and Aniraj Sapra (2-33) brought the home side back into the hunt.
Despite Forte Financial man of the match Wilf Huxtable (1-58) returning at the end with all fielders in close, Lydford were able to fend off the remaining overs and earn a valuable draw. The game was played in extremely good spirits by all and a draw was a very fair result.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs