Three gold medals for Strikeback fighters
- Credit: Archant
Strikeback Gym fighters earned three gold medals at the English International Kickboxing Championships.
STRIKEBACK Gym’s Matt Dell and Jamie Roberts competed in the English International Kickboxing Championships in Worcester and returned with medals.
Dell was entered into the 70kg category and came away with two gold medals in the continuous competition.
Roberts was entered into 80kg category and returned with a silver medal in the points competition and gold in the continuous competition.
Coach George Katsimpas said: “It was a great day for Strikeback Gym with our fighters coming away with golds and the club growing from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting to buy tickets for the Pier Show The Eagle has Landed on October 26, can ring Greg on 07753 615314.
Matt Dell (left), coach Katsimpas and Jamie Roberts (right).
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
BROOKLYN Chamberlain was on great form at the TFC held at Bristol City Football Club.
He controlled the fight from the starting bell and stopped his opponent five seconds into the second round. The following day, he travelled to Worcester to compete in the WUMA English Open. Brooklyn had two fights, winning both to make him the English champion.