Three gold medals for Strikeback fighters
- Credit: Archant
Strikeback Gym fighters earned three gold medals at the English International Kickboxing Championships.
STRIKEBACK Gym’s Matt Dell and Jamie Roberts competed in the English International Kickboxing Championships in Worcester and returned with medals.
Dell was entered into the 70kg category and came away with two gold medals in the continuous competition.
Roberts was entered into 80kg category and returned with a silver medal in the points competition and gold in the continuous competition.
Coach George Katsimpas said: “It was a great day for Strikeback Gym with our fighters coming away with golds and the club growing from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting to buy tickets for the Pier Show The Eagle has Landed on October 26, can ring Greg on 07753 615314.
Matt Dell (left), coach Katsimpas and Jamie Roberts (right).
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
BROOKLYN Chamberlain was on great form at the TFC held at Bristol City Football Club.
He controlled the fight from the starting bell and stopped his opponent five seconds into the second round. The following day, he travelled to Worcester to compete in the WUMA English Open. Brooklyn had two fights, winning both to make him the English champion.