Three out of three for Belvedere
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Belvedere defeated Glastonbury 2nd XI by seven wickets to remain undefeated for the season.
Belvedere made it three wins out of three with a comfortable seven wicket away win at Glastonbury 2nd XI.
The home side elected to bat first and were immediately under pressure with excellent opening spells from Sam Mccrea and Paul Davis and runs were hard to come by, backed up by keen fielding.
Davis bowled an unchanged spell of 9-4-11-0 and while the first wicket did not fall until the 19th over, Glastonbury had crawled to just 34, Matt Cates taking a comfortable catch off the bowling of Jack Neville.
Further wickets for Neville (9-3-22-2) and Kevin Crockett (4-0-20-1) and at 81-3 the expected late onslaught for runs never materialised as the introduction of James Robinson skittled the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Assisted by a wicket from debutant Jamie Britton (4-1-11-1) and the returning Mccrea (8-3-19-1), Robinson destroyed the lower order returning figures of (7.4-2-18-5) to see Glastonbury dismissed for 102 in the 42nd over.
In response, Crockett and Mike Hosey got off to a lightning start racing to 45 after seven overs before Crockett (16) was bowled. Hosey (25) and Neil Chadwick (39) dispatched any poor delivery to the boundaries, but both fell with just five runs left for victory, leaving skipper Mccrea to hit the winning runs.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Chadwick reached the milestone of 10,000 runs for Belvedere to put him third in the all-time list of run scorers.
All Stars man of the match was awarded to James Robinson.