Three wins out of three for Nailsea
CROQUET - NAILSEA Croquet Club had three league matches over the weekend.
NAILSEA Croquet Club had three league matches over the weekend.
In the Federation League, Nailsea (South) beat Cornwall by five games to two, despite being 2-1 down at lunch.
Results: Doubles: Greta Stringer and David Hunt won +8T (17-9). Singles: Geoff Hughes lost -7 and won +8; David Richards lost -5T (18-23) and won +18; Greta Stringer won +8T (22-14); David Hunt won +5T (15-10).
In the Intermediate League, Nailsea (SE) beat Sidmouth away by four games to three.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Doubles: Jim Gregory and Chris Jackson lost -1T (15-16). Singles: Steve Walker won +5T (21-16) and +13; Mary Barnes won +7T (18-11) and lost -6T (14-20); Jim Gregory lost -8T (11-19); Chris Jackson won +3T (19-16).
In the B League, Nailsea (Central) beat Abbey@ Glastonbury at home by four games to one.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
Results: Doubles: Rob Royffe and Tony Griggs won +5T (16-11). Singles: Brigit Clayton won +22 and +6T (20-14); Rob Royffe lost -2T (15-17); Tony Griggs won +13T (16-3).