Three Winscombe players in SW squad
Three Winscombe Under-16 players have been selected for the South West divisional squad.
WINSCOMBE RFC was delighted to hear three of their Under-16 players had been selected for the South West divisional squad.
The three players are Darren Atkins, Curtis Langdon, and Sam Rees, and were part of the 10-strong contingent of Winscombe players who represented Somerset in the recent county series.
The squad will have a training and final selection session at the BGS grounds in Failand on December 15 before playing the North at the Broadstreet Development Camp on February 1-3.
Ultimately, the division system leads to an England Under-16 side that plays Italy and Wales at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe mini and junior chairman Mike Williamson said: “To get one player into the South West squad is an achievement, but for one club to have three players represented is a major achievement.
“We send our congratulations to the boys, and also to the 55 coaches we have at Winscombe, whose hard work gives our players these opportunities.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse