Three Winscombe players in SW squad
Three Winscombe Under-16 players have been selected for the South West divisional squad.
WINSCOMBE RFC was delighted to hear three of their Under-16 players had been selected for the South West divisional squad.
The three players are Darren Atkins, Curtis Langdon, and Sam Rees, and were part of the 10-strong contingent of Winscombe players who represented Somerset in the recent county series.
The squad will have a training and final selection session at the BGS grounds in Failand on December 15 before playing the North at the Broadstreet Development Camp on February 1-3.
Ultimately, the division system leads to an England Under-16 side that plays Italy and Wales at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe mini and junior chairman Mike Williamson said: “To get one player into the South West squad is an achievement, but for one club to have three players represented is a major achievement.
“We send our congratulations to the boys, and also to the 55 coaches we have at Winscombe, whose hard work gives our players these opportunities.”
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences