Time trial times
Members of Weston Wheelers took part in two recent time trials.
WESTON Wheelers Rob Heathcote and Mike Dix rode the Somerset RC 10 mile two-up time trial.
Unfortunately, Dix had a brake seize up on the warm up before the event and retired, leaving Heathcote to ride alone and post 24.16. The winning team were Ben Astley and Ashley Martin of team Cadence Cannondale, who posted 20.44.
The Wednesday evening time 10 mile trial on the A38 course run by Somerset Road Club took place in dry weather.
Wheelers Rob Heathcote and Phillip Hethcote rode the event and fastest on the night was Somerset Road Club’s Mark Ashurst 21.56.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Weston Wheelers Cycling Club, visit the website at www.westonwheelers.co.uk or contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery