Time trial times
Members of Weston Wheelers took part in two recent time trials.
WESTON Wheelers Rob Heathcote and Mike Dix rode the Somerset RC 10 mile two-up time trial.
Unfortunately, Dix had a brake seize up on the warm up before the event and retired, leaving Heathcote to ride alone and post 24.16. The winning team were Ben Astley and Ashley Martin of team Cadence Cannondale, who posted 20.44.
The Wednesday evening time 10 mile trial on the A38 course run by Somerset Road Club took place in dry weather.
Wheelers Rob Heathcote and Phillip Hethcote rode the event and fastest on the night was Somerset Road Club’s Mark Ashurst 21.56.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Weston Wheelers Cycling Club, visit the website at www.westonwheelers.co.uk or contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston