Title success for Crusaders
Crusaders Under-11s won the Division 1 title after victory over Burnham United at home.
WESTON Crusaders Under-11s entertained Burnham United at Baytree and clinched the Division 1 title.
Crusaders played some excellent football and hat-tricks from Matthew Hayden and Samuel Stocker made the half-time score 6-0.
During the second half, Stocker managed to score one more goal to make the final score 7-0.
Chutneys man of the match went to Brandon Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The Under-11s travelled to Winscombe, who were fighting for second place in the league and came away victorious.
Winscombe managed to go a goal up in the first-half, but Crusaders came back fighting and won the game 2-1 with goals from Jaylan Bacon and Sonny Carr.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
Chutneys man of the match went to Daniel Bugg.
Thanks go to Anthony Hyland and Ian Bugg for having the faith in the boys in which the boys won 16 games and lost just one.
KEWSTOKE Athletic Under-11s finished the season in style with their best performance of the year.
It was a terrific display right through the team, exemplified by full-back Joe Morrish and the defence were superbly led by captain Thomas Perry.
Kewstoke took the lead through Adam Bungay, who also set up the other two goals with some great crossing. The first was coolly finished off by Sam Ford and the second bravely headed in by Matty Frost.
The midfield played superbly with Szymon Swierczyna causing problems all over the pitch and Ryan Hill bringing others into play well. Ford brought a fantastic save from the Yatton keeper with a volley and Carrick Flint had two great efforts on goal .