Toby earns West of England bronze medal
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar judoka Toby Attwood picked up a bronze medal at the West of England Open Judo Championships.
CHEDDAR judoka Toby Attwood competed at the West of England Open Judo Championships and picked up a bronze medal.
Toby normally competes at Cadets U55kg category, but tried his luck at the U60kg senior national ranking event.
Toby fought his way through the pool stages to reach the semi-final, where he was beaten by the eventual gold medallist, which gave Toby the bronze medal.
Toby gained valuable experience, points towards his black belt and has now earned himself a national ranking at senior level U60kg.
You may also want to watch:
This event was to enable Toby to gain valuable experience, but to come away with a bronze was unbelievable.
Toby still has a year left of competing at Cadet level, before he moves into the juniors and then seniors.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Worle opticians wins award
Toby will be competing in Germany and Holland later in the year in preparation for the British Championships in December.