Toby just misses out on a gold medal
Brothers Toby and Ben Attwood were both in action at the Kent International competition at the weekend.
TOBY and Ben Attwood competed at the Kent International judo competition held at Crystal Palace, London, last weekend.
With over 1,500 competitors, this is one of the hardest events on the judo calendar. Ben fought extremely well against some tough opposition in his new 60kg weight category, only to be defeated in the semi-final and finishing a respectable fifth place.
Ben has been selected to represent the West of England and will compete at the national team events in Sheffield on July 9.
Toby won his first two fights with relative ease, scoring maximum points, one with a massive throw and the other pinning the opposition to the ground with some excellent judo.
You may also want to watch:
In the semi-final, Toby found himself behind with 30 seconds remaining, but his throwing ability saw him into the final. The gold medal eluded Toby when he lost on a golden score.
Toby picked up the silver medal, which was a fantastic achievement, adding to his British title.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston