Toby wins gold at open championships
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar’s Toby Attwood won gold at the London Open Judo Championships.
Cheddar judoka Toby Attwood, who trains at Bradley Stoke Judo Club and attends Bridgwater College, won a gold medal at the London Open Judo Championships.
This was a strong competition, the same star rating as the British Championships and Toby had a bye in the first round, and made short work of his first opponent when he took to the mat.
This put Toby into the semi-finals where he came up against a strong player and Toby using his new found skills on the ground, turned his opponent and held him for the win and a place in the final.
In the final, Toby came up against another England player and was trailing by a small penalty. With 45 seconds remaining on the clock, Toby went into overdrive when he threw his opponent for a big score.
You may also want to watch:
Toby fought tactfully to see out the remainder of the fight and take the gold medal.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 8 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 9 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 10 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies