Toby wins gold at open championships
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar’s Toby Attwood won gold at the London Open Judo Championships.
Cheddar judoka Toby Attwood, who trains at Bradley Stoke Judo Club and attends Bridgwater College, won a gold medal at the London Open Judo Championships.
This was a strong competition, the same star rating as the British Championships and Toby had a bye in the first round, and made short work of his first opponent when he took to the mat.
This put Toby into the semi-finals where he came up against a strong player and Toby using his new found skills on the ground, turned his opponent and held him for the win and a place in the final.
In the final, Toby came up against another England player and was trailing by a small penalty. With 45 seconds remaining on the clock, Toby went into overdrive when he threw his opponent for a big score.
You may also want to watch:
Toby fought tactfully to see out the remainder of the fight and take the gold medal.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory