Tom makes light of the conditions
- Credit: Archant
Angler Tom Light won the latest open match on the main lake at Shiplate Farm, Bleadon.
THE weather at the open match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm, Bleadon, was overcast and cool with a westerly breeze.
The fish were interested in pellet as bait, as Tom Light proved when he won first place in the match, fishing 8m pellet on the hook and also to feed over the fish. Using a straight lead from peg 1, Tom had an only carp in his nets and weighed in 59lb 7oz.
Results: Tom Light (peg 1), 59lb 7oz; Julian Pinkett (peg 11), 47lb 6oz; Paul Chapman (peg 15), 30lb 5oz. Silvers went to Steve Howell (peg 12), 23lb 12oz (30lb 4oz total).
The Main Lake was the venue for round two of the Shiplate Farm Summer Series and saw Ron Stark take first place with a bag of mainly carp, weighing 84lb 10oz from peg 9a.
You may also want to watch:
Fishing mainly pellet, Ron secured a good lead from the other anglers.
Results: Ron Stark (peg 9a), 84lb 10oz; John Hawkins (peg 7), 65lb 8oz; Steve Howell (peg 13a), 55lb 6oz. Howell also took silvers with 45lb 6oz.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Section winners were Andy Light (peg 1), 52lb 12oz and Titch Williams (peg 14b), 49lb 8oz.
Bristol match group PSV held their match on the Hawthorns and Westpool with the following results: Brian Shanks (peg 10H),109lb 2oz; Alan Healey (peg 1H), 52lb 3oz; Andy Curry (peg 4H), 45lb 1oz. Silvers went to Chris Szakacs (peg 3W), 4lb 4oz (16lb 9oz total).