Too wet for the Seagulls
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s away match against Basingstoke Town was a victim of bad weather.
WESTON’S game in the Blue Square South away to Basingstoke Town was postponed due to bad weather.
As the party were gathering for a 10.30am departure on Saturday morning, a message was received that Basingstoke’s Camrose ground had failed an early morning inspection, following heavy overnight rain.
From a scheduled 11-game programme in the league, seven games fell victims to the weather across the southern counties, and another, Salisbury City against Dover Athletic, was abandoned at half-time, leaving just three games completed.
On Saturday, Weston make the long trip to Tonbridge Angels in Kent and the party will leave at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday next, March 26, Weston are again on their travels, this time to Sutton United’s Gander Green Lane ground.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats