Top award for Dan
11-year-old Dan Corbett has been voted Cheddar Tennis Club’s most improved junior player.
DAN Corbett, aged 11, has been voted this year’s most improved junior player by the coaches at Cheddar Tennis Club.
Dan, who lives in Axbridge and attends Fairlands Middle School, first played tennis at the club when he was five, but then switched to squash.
However, his enthusiasm for tennis was rekindled by sessions run by the Cheddar coaches at Axbridge First School and in Year 4 he represented the school in the annual Somerset inter-schools mini red tournament.
Dan then attended some open days and summer holiday tennis courses at the club which brought him to the attention of head coach Dean Cornish, who invited him to join a small tennis performance squad, since when his progress has been excellent.
You may also want to watch:
Dan is one of around a 100 youngsters at the club, aged from four to 18-years-old, most of whom take part in the coaching programme run by the club’s full-time professional coaches.
For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703 or visit www.cheddartennisclub.co.uk
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
? Right: Dan Corbett (11), Cheddar Tennis Club’s
most improved junior with head coach Dean Cornish and fellow performance squad players.