Top catch of the year
Ritchie Hawkins won the latest open match at Shiplate Farm with the heaviest match weight of the year so far.
AN OPEN match on the Hawthorns on Bank Holiday Sunday saw the heaviest match weights this year.
Ritchie Hawkins drew peg nine and fished paste, feeding pellet on the pole down the track and in the margins to finish the match with 149lb 12oz, closely followed by Julian Pinkett on peg 13 with 143lb 8oz. Third place went to John Hawkins on peg 15 with 64lb 4oz.
Bank Holiday Monday at Shiplate Farm saw an open match on the Hawthorns and Westpool, with novice anglers alongside many seasoned anglers competing for top place.
It was Julian Pinkett who led the way fishing the pole, fishing maggot, while feeding maggot down the track and in the margins and took first overall win with a mixed bag of 68lb 7oz from peg three on the Hawthorns.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to Steve Howell on peg 12 of the Westpool with 67lb 13oz. Silvers went to Ron Stark (peg nine) Westpool 24lb and Lee Waller peg 13 on the Hawthorns 6lb 4oz
Section winners were James Parkhouse (peg two) Westpool, 55lb 10oz and Russ Peck (peg nine), 65lb 14oz.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal