Top of the table clash at the Oak Tree Arena
Somerset Rebels welcome Workington to the Oak Tree Arena for a top of the table clash.
THE Somerset ‘Dickies’ Rebels return to Premier League action on Friday when they welcome current league leaders, the Workington Comets to the Oak Tree Arena.
The Rebels are looking to avenge the defeat they suffered at the hands of the Comets on their recent visit to Derwent Park.
A win for the Rebels would keep them up at the top of the Premier League table, but the Cumbrian side have won three of their six away matches so far this year as well as being unbeaten on home shale.
From a Rebels perspective they have been hit by further injury problems with the news that Dakota North still not 100 per cent fit to return to the side. The young Aussie is still suffering with his broken thumb. Christian Hefenbrock suffered injuries to his right shoulder and left ankle whilst riding in Germany at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Somerset will therefore use Birmingham’s Claus Vissing as guest replacement for North and rider replacement in place of Hefenbrock, Vissing having impressed when he guested for North in last month’s home match against Leicester when he scored paid 14 from six rides.
“There is nothing quite like a top of the table clash to whet the appetite,” said Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock. “Victory over the Workington Comets will not only keep us up there challenging for top spot, but will also put a brake on Workington’s charge at the top.”
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud