Top skiers coming back to Weston
WATER SKIING - THE country s top water skiers are heading for Weston again this summer.
THE country's top water skiers are heading for Weston again this summer.
Following the success of the 2008 Weston National Ski race, Weston Bay Watersports Club has been successful in securing the fifth round of this year's eight-race series.
Around 30 boats will be competing in two days of top-class racing over the weekend of June 13 and 14. The first race on Saturday the 13th will be the support race. It will last for 35 minutes and, depending on water conditions, speeds of over 95 miles an hour could be achieved.
The second race on Sunday the 14th will be over 50 minutes with similar speeds being achieved. Racing on both days starts at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Competitors from all over the UK will be taking part along with one or two from Australia. It is also hoped that several teams from Europe will be competing.
Weston Bay Watersports Club is running the event in conjunction with North Somerset Council, the Pavilion Bar and the British Water Ski.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
On the Saturday boats can be viewed from Knightstone Promenade from 2pm.
The Knightstone Slipway will be closed to the general public from 6am on Saturday through to 6pm Sunday.