Top skiers coming back to Weston
WATER SKIING - THE country s top water skiers are heading for Weston again this summer.
THE country's top water skiers are heading for Weston again this summer.
Following the success of the 2008 Weston National Ski race, Weston Bay Watersports Club has been successful in securing the fifth round of this year's eight-race series.
Around 30 boats will be competing in two days of top-class racing over the weekend of June 13 and 14. The first race on Saturday the 13th will be the support race. It will last for 35 minutes and, depending on water conditions, speeds of over 95 miles an hour could be achieved.
The second race on Sunday the 14th will be over 50 minutes with similar speeds being achieved. Racing on both days starts at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Competitors from all over the UK will be taking part along with one or two from Australia. It is also hoped that several teams from Europe will be competing.
Weston Bay Watersports Club is running the event in conjunction with North Somerset Council, the Pavilion Bar and the British Water Ski.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
On the Saturday boats can be viewed from Knightstone Promenade from 2pm.
The Knightstone Slipway will be closed to the general public from 6am on Saturday through to 6pm Sunday.