Tough triathlon conditions for Weston runners
- Credit: Archant
Three Weston Athletic Club members found conditions tough at the Cotswold Water Park triathlon.
CONDITIONS could not have been much worse for the three Weston Athletic Club men who took on the Cotswold Water Park standard distance triathlon.
The rain was so heavy, they got as much of a soaking on the 41km bike leg as they did during the 1500m swim. The skies then cleared during the humid 9k trail run.
A puncture on the bike scuppered Simon Andrews’ chances of first spot for the club, while all Nick Cook’s dedication in training paid off. Nick finished first and still looked fresh as he crossed the line in 2.47.41.
Simon made up time on the run to finish a minute behind in 2.48.47. Chris Edwards finished third for the club in his first triathlon over the distance at the age of 60 in 3.24.20.
You may also want to watch:
Belinda and Mark Wilson had much better conditions when they took on the same event on Sunday as a team relay challenge, finishing in 2.58.11.
Entry is now open for the annual Christmas Cracker 10k on December 7, and the new season of five-mile prom runs.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
More information on all the club’s races and becoming a member can be found at www.westonac.co.uk