Training resumes at Avenue club
Tennis coaching resumes at the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham.
AVENUE Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy and club coach Craig Phillips have resumed squad coaching at the Burnham club.
Coaching takes place every night of the week for all age groups and standards.
The new membership deal is proving popular. It is available to all players aged 14 to 25 which include membership until March 12, coaching on a Tuesday evening from 7.30-9pm and entry to an Olympic ticket draw all for only �15. The deal is financially supported by SASP – Somerset Activity and Sports Paternership.
Barry Ramsden also resumed the Saturday pay and play sessions on and was keen to see more players attend the sessions which start at 9am. Up to age eight from 9-10am, eight to 10-year-olds from 10-11am, 10-11-year-olds from 11-noon.
You may also want to watch:
Sharipova smashers girls only from noon-1pm, and big hitters from 1.30-2.30pm.
Vinny’s minis resume on January 20 at 6.30pm. Due to the success of the evening, the two hour session is split into two hour long free sessions for up to year group 3 children from 6.30-7.30pm and up to year group 6 from 7.30-8.30pm.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
The next adult social doubles tournament will be held at the club on January 29 from 11am.