Training starts at Worle
Worle Football Club have started their pre-season training at Worle Rec.
WORLE begin their pre-season training tonight (Thurs) at Worle Recreation Ground (6.45pm).
Worle have appointed Lee Plumley and Gary Coles as first team managers while Toby Dean and Mike Parker will take control of the second team.
Work has already started on the main pitch which has been turned around to encompass as second to run alongside. It has already had 50 tons of top soil laid to flatten the pitch and is now due to be re-seeded throughout.
With an Olympic lottery grant now in place, the Worle players and committee have worked tirelessly to prepare for the new changing rooms which will be started soon.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsors have also been secured for both 1st and 2nd team strips and Worle will revert to their original green and white colours.
Current friendlies have been arranged against Sea Mills and Bishop Sutton, with more to be confirmed before the season starts in August.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Training is on Tuesdays and Thursdays (6.45pm) at Worle Recreation Ground, all players old and new welcome. Worle are also pleased to work in conjunction with Worle School and will train on the new 3G pitch from September onwards.
Worle are currently looking for sponsors for their polo shirts and training shirts and any companies wishing to sponsor the club, please call Gary on 07534 957980 for more details.