Trampolinists bounce up the grading system
- Credit: Archant
Weston Trampoline Club members gained good grades to move up the grading system.
WESTON Trampoline Club had another successful weekend at the South West regional grading competition held at Bath University Sports Village.
This regional event is held six times a year, giving trampoline gymnasts the opportunity to bounce up the regional grading system.
It was a 1, 2, 3 podium finish for Eddie Phillips, who finished first in the U11B grade G group, qualifying to grade F. Grace Vaz, finished second in the U17G grade F, qualifying at the first attempt to grade E, and Sarah Rogerson finished third in the U11G grade G, qualifying to grade F.
Keeping the consecutive run of placings going, other results were as follows - both finishing in fourth place in their relevant age groups were Tilly Hall (U9G grade G) and Chloe Hedges (O17L grade F), finishing in fifth were Lucy Vaz Gillespie (U11G grade F) and Lucy France (U15G grade F).
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Fuller finished sixth in her age group (U11G grade E), Tahlia Macrides finished seventh in the U9G grade G, Lexi Schueler finished eighth in the U13G grade E, Chelsea Bailey and Katie Mochan finished 15th and 16th respectfully in the U13G grade G group.
Head Coach Di Allen said: “All of our gymnasts have worked hard since the last competition in April. I am really pleased with the whole team, the results have been brilliant. We now have until October to train new routines and make improvements.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
Weston Trampoline Club meet at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on Mondays and Fridays and run both recreational and competitive classes.
If you would like any further information, please ring Di Allen on 07908 744424.