Transforming social spaces grant for Weston Rugby Club
Weston Rugby Club has received a grant from the Rugby Football Union to improve its facilities.
Rugby union in the town received a major boost today when Weston Rugby Club was chosen by the Rugby Football Union to be a recipient of a transforming social spaces grant.
Weston has been chosen as a recipient of a lead up and legacy transforming social spaces grant strengthening the partnership between the RFU and club. The grant will enhance the club’s social facilities and provide a resource to be used by the local community.
The new social space will improve the quality of the rugby experience for everyone using the site and provide more playing opportunities, especially for local people in the 14-24 age-group.
The project will focus on the club entrance, lounge bar and current skittle alley, turning the latter into a new meeting room and dining area and will help the club raise its profile and encourage more players, volunteers and spectators to share the special values that distinguish the sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman, Barry Sparks said: “This investment by the RFU is excellent news. Weston Rugby Club has an enthusiastic group of hard-working volunteers and this funding will enable them to do even more for young people in the community in the future.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston