Triathletes go the distance in Europe
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club’s triathletes took centre stage after a break in the running race calendar.
A BREAK in the running race calendar has allowed Weston Athletic Club’s triathletes to take centre stage while participating in a series of gruelling events.
They have travelled far and wide for the pleasure of taking part in Europe’s toughest endurance events.
Dave Stock and Simon Andrews journeyed to Germany and Denmark respectively for iron distance events. They each completed a 2.4 mile open-water swim, a 112-mile bike ride and finally a 26.2 mile run.
Dave completed the Challenge Roth in 10.47.26 and Simon finished Ironman Copenhagen in 11.39.55. Dave achieved personal best times for his swim and bike legs, and Simon, competing at this distance for the first time, beat his expected finish time by over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, three club members took on the Cotswold Classic half-iron distance triathlon. Dean Bridges was the first to complete the event in 4.55.02, followed by Nick Cook in 5.21.52 and Chris Edwards in 7.00.15.
Finally, back in the UK, Dave Stock wasted no time in getting back into competition, and raced hard at the Portishead sprint distance triathlon to finish in 1.17.07. This earned him 16th place overall and a second place prize in the male vet category.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
For more information about becoming a club member, visit www.westonac.co.uk