Trio join Weston FC exodus
- Credit: Archant
THREE first-team players have left Weston Football Cub to join Bath City this week
Midfielder Ashley Kington, full-back Martin Slocombe and forward Chaz Hemmings have joined the exodus from the Woodspring Stadium by joining their league rivals.
Adie Britton, Bath’s director of football said: “We tried to sign Martin last season and he has developed into one of the best left-backs in the league. He is exciting going forward with a great left foot and gets into intelligent positions.”
“And we are pleased that Chas has joined us. He holds the ball up well, has a good touch and is different to what we have and will provide options going forward.”
Kane Ingram and first-choice goalkeeper Lloyd Irish have also announced plans to leave Weston since manager Craig Laird’s resignation at the start of May.
You may also want to watch:
The five departures will leave a big hole for the incoming boss to fill with them contributing 27 goals in all competitions last season.
Kington was also named the players’ player of the season at the club’s annual award night in April.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes